Are you a charity looking for a reliable gas supplier that will not overcharge you?
Every year charities lose money on high electricity and gas bills. Some suppliers treat charities like any other small business and do not let them know about their eligibility for exemptions and VAT reductions.
Here at Niccolo, we are committed to helping charities and non-profit organisations save money on their gas supply. We understand their unique needs and we can prepare energy deals designed for charities. We also help them introduce changes to the way they consume energy to help them be more environmentally friendly.
Who can get the reduced VAT rate?
- More than 200,000 charities registered in the UK
- Small charities that have an income lower than £5,000 a year
- Non-profit organisations such as free schools, self-catering accommodation, sports clubs
- Small businesses that consume less than 4,397 kWh of gas or 1,000 kWh of electricity per month.
Why are charities being overcharged?
- Energy suppliers automatically put charities on standard VAT rates instead of reduced ones
- Charities are not aware of reductions and exemptions they can get
- Charities do not know that they can claim overpayments from up to four years ago
- Charities think that the process of claiming reduced VAT rates is complicated.
How much are charities overpaying?
The standard VAT rate is 20% but charities and NGOs are entitled to a gas reduction of 15%, which means they should only be paying 5%. This discount applies to energy used for non-business purposes. On top of that, charities qualify for exemption from the Climate Change Levy (CCL), which further reduced their bills by 5%. CCL is a tax that was introduced by the Uk government to encourage businesses to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Charities can also apply for a range of energy efficiency grants, as well as renewable energy grants. Many charity owners do not know that this option is available to them so they miss out on money that could help them keep up the amazing work they are doing.
Our charity energy experts can help you understand how you can save money on your gas supply. Switch to Niccolo and never miss a chance to lower your charity’s energy bills. We will prepare a quote that takes into consideration the individual energy needs of your charity and offers the most competitive rates.
What can your charity do to avoid being overcharged?
The first thing you should do is check your energy bills to find out what VAT rates you are paying. If your VAT rate is at 20% that means that you are paying the standard rates even though you should be paying only 5%. If you realise that you have been paying too much, you have to undertake steps to correct it. Luckily you can also claim the money you have been overpaying for the last four years.
To apply for exemptions for your charity, you have to fill out a VAT Declaration form that you can get from your supplier.
If you are getting your gas from us, we can help you fill the form and make sure that there are no mistakes in it and that you included all the required information. At Niccolo, we can also assess your charity’s eligibility for reduced VAT rates.
Why choose Niccolo as a gas supplier for your charity?
If you are unhappy with your existing energy supplier and you think you are overpaying for gas, get in touch with us today! Getting a quote from us is easy and we are one of few UK providers that do not require you to pay a standing charge.
We offer 1, 2, and 3-year long contracts and you can sign up for carbon offsetting to do even more good and lower your charity’s impact on the environment. If you choose us as your gas supplier, you will never have to worry about overpaying for your energy.
- Do you want to find out if you are eligible for VAT relief?
- Do you want to find out how much your charity can save if you switch gas suppliers?
- Do you have questions about your gas supply?
Call us on 0131 610 8868 and stop overpaying for your gas supply today! We would love to become your new gas supplier.